Environment, Health, Safety & Security
IMTT’s Environmental, Health, Safety & Security Programs
IMTT facilities are fully permitted for air emissions, water effluents and waste management. Professional managers at all facilities in these areas ensure operations are in compliance and customer interests are protected in these critical areas including a strong security program fully compliant with Coast Guard and Homeland Security requirements. All facilities subjected to independent EHS audits annually.
Other elements of IMTT’s Environmental, Health, Safety & Security program include:
- A proactive Risk Management Program which begins at each terminal and feeds into a corporate-managed effort to identify risks of all natures and formally documents and addresses them.
- Major investments in tank inspections and repairs ensure that tanks and piping are fully compliant with API guidelines. This effort is both protective of the environment and customer interests.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility and a comprehensive safety program ensures continuous improvement in both day-to-day operations and emergencies.
- Where appropriate, annual drills have involved as many as 13 federal, state and local emergency response agencies (100+ people) with multiple combinations of threat from vapor clouds to fires and explosions resulting from internal challenges to terrorists attacks.
- Professional EHS Managers at all facilities ensure operations are in compliance and customer interests are protected in these critical areas. IMTT facilities are fully permitted for air emissions, water effluents and waste management.
- Thermal oxidizers reduce emissions below required levels. Carbon absorption provides for vapor recovery, waste minimization and useful product. Continuous emissions monitoring verifies compliance. Radar gauging contributes to accuracy. Water treatment prevents contamination and laboratories on site document it.
- Remediation is in place at historic sites under voluntary state programs that upgrade older facility areas, improve environments and protect customer interests. Atmospheres are regularly checked for leaks that threaten the environment and human safety.
IMTT has the solutions you need. Sign-up to receive our e-newsletter.
- Latest news
- Information and service updates