Placentia Bay Terminal
Bulk Liquid Handling in Placentia Bay, Newfoundland
Our 16 terminals serve North America’s dynamic distribution centers at both ends of the Mississippi Valley, at both ends of the Great Lakes/St. Lawrence River System, on the Atlantic Coast in New York and Virginia, and on the Pacific Coast.
IMTT is the operating partner of this facility dedicated to receiving crude oil from offshore Newfoundland production for transshipment to North American refining centers.
- Highway access via Trans-Canada Highway 1
- Twin deepwater jetties with high volume transfer capabilities to and from tank storage
- 6 tanks, 3.0 million barrels total capacity
- Jetties handle tankers up to 159,000 DWT with a draft of 17 meters
- Truck loading/unloading facilities for special services
- Highly automated facility with fail-safe instrumented monitoring of all loading and unloading operations
- Infrastructure in place for maintaining tanks at 45 degrees C
- On-site wastewater treatment system
- Fully secure 24-hour manned facility
- On-site spill and fire control and contracted support
Quality Program & Engineering Support
Corporate engineering office provides prompt and knowledgeable handling of customer technical service requirements